April 21st, 2014 by Lisa
Unfortunately I have been forced to delay the season start and withdraw my name from the ITU Cape Town event.
The plan was to be pretty much ready to Rock and Roll come end of April, but I guess life wanted differently.
The virus I caught in march together with a niggling foot has set me back too much in terms of training. I basically haven’t been able to link together enough weeks of good training to put myself on the startline in Cape Town.
The virus forced my out of the pool and affected my upper body’s strength and control. The foot needed some weeks of very light loading, which unfortunately was right at the time where I really needed to load it up to get ready. With last years plantar fascia problems I’m yet to build up my base and put some miles in the bank and cannot at this stage lean back and relay on old training. So after a first week of training and a meeting with Darren we decided to offload some pressure and delay the racing until the London WTS.
I’ll spend the next month down here in Stellenbosch working closely with Rick (physio) prioritising rehab and a healthy body.Â The girls I have around me will make sure the training is hard and world class.
The bar is set high, as is the standard in Coach Darrens squad.
Good luck to everyone racing in Cape Town!
I for sure is looking forward to the time I’ll be joining in with the fun.